9.3K views

I was scammed by "Great Fun" when I purchased an online ticket from CheapoAir.

There was a big button in the middle of my ticket reservation stating simply that by clicking it I get a $20 rebate. When I clicked on it, a pop up appeared with just an 1-800 (1-800-822-9612)

phone number to call, absolutely nothing else. I thought it was from CheapoAir.

When my call was answered I was asked my name, address and phone number.

At that point I started to get suspicious because I had already entered the information they were asking

when making the CheapoAir reservation, so they should have had it.

So I repeatedly asked how was my information going to be used, and each time

I was assured that the information was needed "just to know where to send the rebate".

Then the telemarketer read the conditions VERY quickly, but since I was on my guard, I heard

her mention that if I don't cancel the membership then I would be charged monthly.

I stopped her sales pitch right away, and clearly stated that I refused their benefits.

I was told that I would not be enrolled without my consent,

but when I checked my credit card the next day, I already had a charge from Great Fun.

Since then I have been calling Great Fun customer service almost every day, trying to clear the charge and make sure I will not

be enrolled in the Great Fun "benefits", but they kept telling me they can't find me

in their database despite the fact that my credit card has already been charged!I talked to a supervisor, all to no avail.

If you hear "Great Fun", hang up the phone right away!

IT'S A TOTAL SCAM!!!!

Review about: Tlg Great Fun Rebate.

Had an Experience with Tlg Great Fun?

Comments

Call you CC company to cancel the charge and they will do it.

I almost fell for it, too - it now infected eBay also, you'd think eBay is a reputable site with no allowance for such scammers.

Thank you for your post.

There are other sites posts with pretty much the same info.

If it looks like a duck and it quacks like a duck, it is a TLG Great Fun scam! lol

OMG! thanks for your posting, I was about to fall for it!

Troy, Michigan, United States #840221

Same thing they did to my 18 year old son.They have taken over 200 dollars from his account.

Had to report his debit card as lost just so they would stop withdrawing his money.

Scam.They need to be reported to some authority but who?

Knoxville, Tennessee, United States #837962

Any one have a # to call

to *** Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania, United States #1046052

1 800-290-8603 appeared on my bank statement.

to *** Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania, United States #1046061

1 800-290-8603 showed up on my credit card statement.

Brooklyn, New York, United States #834041

So far I received a $25 rebate from them.. I guess that is as legit it gets..Someone that gives money away for free can't be a scam..

to jtorres Granger, Indiana, United States #1031585

I need a copy of the form to send in for my rebate. Can you tell me where I can find it?

Thanks

to jtorres Addison, Illinois, United States #1034341

How long from the time you signed up till you got your check?

San Francisco, California, United States #830926

i'm in the middle of their deal to get my $50 rebate check. yes, i'll be certained to cancel my membership afterward (within the month) to avoid the monthly charge. if they mess around and charge my credit card, i will file chargeback claims with my credit card carrier against them, and that'll cost them more effort and money.