25.7K views

I experienced similar problems, but I actually received the rebate + $30 to use on a future purchase. I just got my $30 check in the mail and cashed it yesterday.

Like I said though, there were some issues. I never received the email after I created my account with GreatFun. I also didn't realize that I was simultaneously signing myself up for ShoppersAdvantage, which cost me an extra $1. Not that big of a deal since it was only $2 and I ended up getting $60 back.

It's just very sneaky how they do it and I didn't appreciate it because I honestly didn't know. I never got the email, so I called them requesting that they resend me the email. Conveniently, they told me that I should have already received the email and that they can't resend it for whatever reason... Right...

They did say that they would be able to mail it, though. Probably biding them more time to get out of giving me my money. So I waited a day or two and still never got the darn email. So, I sent them an email demanding that they resend the email or I will cancel my account.

Strangely enough, when I checked my email the next day I had the rebate form I needed :) I filled it out and sent it back in that day. I was approaching the end of my 30 day trial and still hadn't received the check, so I figured I had been scammed. I got nervous about getting charged 16.99 so I cancelled my account before the end of the trial period. This didn't affect anything because technically, you can get full benefits during that one month trial even if you cancel your account.

I received my $30 check right at the end of the 30 day trial, cashed it, and am now satisfied with the situation. It was very frustrating, though, that they were sketchy and didn't warn me or inform me about the ShoppersAdvantage. The rebate really does work, but beware of the ShoppersAdvantage rebate offer that apparently shows up right after. I honestly don't remember this happening, but GreatFun claimed that is was happened.

Whatever, though, I got my $30 + $30 to use on a future purchase with Ticketmaster :) If you stay on them and make sure to cancel the account before the end of the 30 day trial, you WILL get your $60! You just have to work a little to get it :)

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Tlg Great Fun. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Tlg Great Fun.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Gift Cards, Rewards and Cashbacks category for more informed decision or compare Tlg Great Fun to other companies on our site.

Comments

Adel, Georgia, United States #1296534

I have everything i need to send in for my rebates but the email said to send a copy of my receipt. I never got any type of email with a "receipt".

All they sent me was my member i.d. number.

Am i the only person that never got a recepit? Should i just go ahead and send it with the info i do have?

to dani #1301372

the receipt of the item you purchased to get the rebate, not great fun. if you send it without the receipt you won't get the rebate because there's nothing to rebate.

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States #1273629

Hi ! How Great Fun suppose to send rebate form through email?

Nassau, New Providence, Bahamas #1273474

I am going through the exact same situation. What number should I call them on?

to Anonymous Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States #1276672

8774889480 or 18778938760

to Anonymous #1292347

18774889480 - GREAT FUN

This is the number you can call.

O Fallon, Missouri, United States #1270474

good to know! thanks!

Columbus, Ohio, United States #1247501

how did u do the rebate I cant figure it out?

Bloomington, Illinois, United States #1231545

Thank you so much for posting this. I'm in college and needed this money and by reading your post, I feel that I waited too long and I hope now that I can everything in, in time.

-kate

Do you have a copy of the form for the rebate?

I missed placed my email from my ticketmaster purchased.

If so , i would greatly appreciate a copy of the fillable form.

diz305chika@yahoo.com

I had bought four tickets to a show through ticketmaster and signed up for the trial period for the $60 rebate. I made sure not to sign up for shoppers advantage which saved me an extra buck.

They never sent me an email so I called about a week and a half later and realized they had put my email down wrong. During the call, they told me that the rebates and membership package would arrive by mail, and they did (today).

I'm going to send in the rebates soon. I'll comment back if they do send in the rebates.

to Anonymous #1225479

Did the rebate work for you?

Ok so just some customer service advice here... this company is ligit and your rebates will come as long as you follow all steps your customer service representative tells you to do...

if they are speaking to fast ask them to slow down.. IT'S OUR JOB.. LISTEN VERY THOROUGHLY TO ALL VERBAGE.. DO NOT AGREE TO ANYTHING UNLESS YOU FULLY UNDERSTAND AND ARE CLEAR ON WHAT EXACTLY YOUR SIGNING UP FOR...

THIS EXACT PHRASE.. >>>>>"FOR YOUR CONVINCE I JUST NEED YOUR VERBAL AGREEMENT TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS"... SO YOU AGREE THAT UNLESS YOU CALL TO CANCEL "__________" WILL BILL THE CURRENT MONTHLY FEE TO THE ACCOUNT YOU PROVIDE.... EACH OFFER TELLS YOU WHO IT'S FOR..

IT'S A MATTER OF LISTENING WITH NO DISTRACTIONS, AND REMEMBERING TO CANCEL AS SOON AS YOU RECEIVE YOUR MATERIALS IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO KEEP THE SERVICE .. DO NOT WAIT THE FULL THIRTY DAYS.... CANCEL AS SOON AS U RECEIVE YOUR EMAIL WITHIN 5 BUSINESS DAYS OR 2-3 WEEKS BY REGULAR MAIL... IF YOU HAVE NOT RECIEVED BY EMAIL WITHIN 5 BUSINESS DAYS YOU NEED TO CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE ASAP SO THEY ARE AWARE...

HONESTLY REGULAR MAIL IS THE BEST WAY TO GO BECAUSE YOUR TRIAL PERIOD DOES NOT BEGIN UNTIL YOU RECIEVE YOUR MATERIALS WITHIN 2-3WEEKS.. SO THERE IS NO EXCUSES FOR THEM TO CHARGE YOU IF U DID NOT RECIEVE MATERIALS VIA EMAIL... JUST MAKE SURE YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE REP REPEATS YOUR CORRECT MAILING ADDRESS... ITS ALL RECORDED AND VIDEO TAPED SO THEY CAN PULL ANY CALL TO VERIFY INFO WAS INPUT CORRECTLY VIA VOICE AND THE ACTUAL IMAGE ON THE SCREEN THE REPRESENTATIVE INPUT...ALSO ALL EMAIL ADDRESSES GO IN AS CAPS NO LOWER CASE LETTERS EVEN IF YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS HAS LOWERCASE LETTERS....

JUST FYI.... KEY TO THIS IS CANCEL AS SOON AS YOU RECEIVE YOUR REBATES OR MATERIALS IF YOUR JUST WANTING THE REBATES OFFERED SO YOUR NOT CHARGED THE MONTHLY FEE...REMEMBER EACH SERVICE IS ONLY $1 FOR FIRST 30 DAYS THEN BILLED INDIVUALLY ... SO IT'S WORTH IT TO GET REBATES BUT U MUST REMEMBER TO CANCEL ***BOTH***SERVICES AS SOON AS YOU RECEIVE YOUR MATERIALS IF YOUR ONLY LOOKING TO GET REBATES... NOW AS FAR AS THE SAVINGS AND DISCOUNTS FOR MOVIES,RESTAURANTS,SHOPPING,ETC..

IT IS AWESOME MONTHLY TO RECEIVE THEM AS WELL IF YOU CAN AFFORD TO CONTINUE THE SERVICES. THE APP YOU CAN USE ON YOUR PHONE IS AMAZING AND VERY CONVENIENT..

JUST WANTED TO ADD MY KNOWLEDGE HERE.. :)

to Anonymous #1152919

I received my rebate form via email this past weekend and I mailed my rebate form along with my Allegiant receipt to the mailing address indicated on the form. If I cancel the subscription now, will I still receive my rebate?

It said I should expect it within 6-8 weeks and that will be long after my $1 trial period ends. Thanks for your response in advance!

Did you have to cancel with shoppers advantage as well?

Agreed with OP - it's definitely sketchy, but if you write everything down and make the necessary mailings and cancellation phone calls it works. NOTE: if you bought two tickets and want the full $60 make sure you mail the tickets SEPARATELY.

I got two $30 bank-backed checks within about a month, AFTER I had already cancelled my subscription. So it works, you just have to be smart about it.

I'll try to check this if anyone has any questions on details.

to Anonymous Plainfield, Indiana, United States #1149112

So I can cancel before sending in the rebate tickets?

to Rad dad #1151490

You can cancel anytime!!!! Once your trial period begins..

it don't begin until you receive your membership materials. So wait 4 that to come in,then cancel and use your benifits NO MATTER WHAT!!!

is there anything I need to do to get the first $30? Purchase anything?

I said no to the shoppers advantage. Does that mean I only get $30 instead of $60?