TLG Great Fun is a scam...how to get refund.

May 19, 2009
review #148995

TLG Great fun debited my checking account $12.99 without my knowledge.Beware of this on-line scam.

I had ordered business cards from Overnight.com and had put the order on my debit card. Some promo popped up from Great Fun. I kept trying to get out of it. They said that when I clicked on it that I signed up for a membership and they took my debit card # from my order with Overnight.com.

I had no idea until it shows up on my on-line banking. To get it taken off and discontinued, call them at 1-877-488-9480. Demand a refund and a cancellation.

You have to be forceful with them.Good luck.

68d662d
2.5
Had an experience with TLG Great Fun?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA

Jul 03 Daytona Beach, Florida

Just got off the phone with these Lame brains! I got sucked in when I got a $50 rebate off my flight in December. They have been charging me $16.99 ever since and I just noticed and did a little research. They are SCAMMERS, I called and cancelled before the POS 30 day trial was up. Here's the catch, the number they gave me to cancel was a different company then what they had enrolled me in. So I cancelled one membership when they had opened two. One was for Travelers advantage the second was for shoppers advantage. So when I called I skipped the first person (who barley spoke English) and told her no matter what she says I DEMAND to talk to a supervisor. after telling her that she could help me with nothing she finally transferred me to Samantha Smith a "supervisor". I told her about her company's fraudulent tactics and that I would be talking to a Lawyer about a Class action lawsuit. She apologized and told me that I had cancelled with travel advantage and not shopper advantage. I told her that I had nothing to do with shoppers advantage and that a fraud tactic like this would end up in ANOTHER $25 Million dollar lawsuit as this company already has undergone. I also told her that Cendant, the main company all these subsidiaries are working for, has a history of this type of fraudulent activity.
I really do not think that this is what she wanted to hear, That's why I was saying it. After saying this to her, and letting her be reassured that if she did not help me I WILL
... Show more

Agent

May 17 Athens, Georgia

This is not true. I work for a company that sells this service and none of your debit card or credit card information is transferred over to us. You would have a provide us with that information before we inform you that if you don't call to cancel during your 30 day trial you will be billed a current mostly fee. So if you were billed it's because you agreed to be and didn't cancel.

0 2 Reply

Mar 04

I clicked the rebate button at the bottom of a TigerDirect purchase. I called the number and hung up once I realized what was going on. I paid TigerDirect with Bitcoin, so I'd like to see Great Fun try to charge me without my consent :p . This is exactly what Bitcoin is for.

Bridgette

Feb 07 Miami, Florida

If you have been scammed, report such to your bank (if applicable) or credit card company (if applicable), complain to the Better Business Bureau and check out this attorney firm which is looking into a class action lawsuit: http://www.gilmanlawllp.com/consumer-protection/apollo-trilegiant-affinion-tlg-scam-alert-for-membership-clubs-appollo-complaints-trilegiant-complaints-affinion-complaints/

Jan 30

got scammed too, after i realized they had been charging me for months I called and cancelled. Checked my statement months after and they were still taking 13.99 a month from me. *** those people!

Jjakaaaja

Jul 28, 2013

Yeah try used $90 of mine at a coffee shop! You have no idea how pissed I am! This business needs to be *** down :(

evette

Jul 12, 2013 New York City, New York

Great Fun is a scam. Unfortunate for them they messed with ME..the wrong person. They actually took 19.99 out of my account for 6 months before I realized what was going on. So far I got them to refund 4 months and i'm fighting for the next 2. They will NOT keep my money. I think they got me when I purchased from an infomercial. I don't usually pay attention to my bank statement....now I do. They need to be stopped. I'm going to the better business bureau with my complaint next.

edmanley

Mar 06, 2013 Birmingham, Alabama

GreatFun has been charging me since I made my first and now LAST purchase from Tiger Direct on 2/6/12. I did not know it until they over-drew my debit card today, 3/6/13. I called GreatFun customer service at 800-290-8603 and they said they would cancel it but could not refund any of the year they've been ripping me off. Tiger Direct has to know that their customers are being caught up in this and therefore I will never do business with them again.

jean

May 29

The only way to stop this is for customers to REFUSE to do business with companies that use this scam. I think it should be against the law but lobbist pay for lunch so our lawmakers let it go., WE as voter must turn up the heat to stop this. It serves customers no good purpose.

mri mri

Dec 21, 2012

While ordering another product, another company called, Great Fun offered me a free gift card to try them for a month & could cancel anytime. I concerned way before the free trial & they assured me my card would not be charged again, but today after being overdrafted, i noticed a charge for $19.99 from Great Fun. I called my bank & they have been charging me $19.99 for the last 7 mnths! I didn't even realize it. They never once sent me an e mail or bailiff because they obviously didn't want to draw attention to the fact that they really never canceled it! I called to get a refund & they refused saying that i must have not canceled, which i did for sure last may! I am so upset. This company are the biggest lying scam artists! If this company ripped u off please call ur states attorney general & better business beaurow. I don't even know how this company is still in business!

sally

Nov 02, 2012

they wanted my credit card number over the phone which made me feel uncomfortable. i asked if it were possible to do it online but they said no.. seems like a scam

mildred staley

Sep 20, 2012

You have been taking $21.95 out of my bank account without my permission or my knowledge for 8 months. You won't answer your phone, I can see why, I am going to my bank with this ionformation and I suppose they will handle it, I won't have to. They have handled it before so I don't doubt them at all. my e-mail is mickeystaley68@yahoo.com, even though you have it anyway.

Mary Louise Turner

Sep 18, 2012

Yesterday and today I got two charges on my debit card for $16.99 each. These charges were NOT authorized and I got a bank notice about a low amount in my account. The companies were TLG Great Fun and TLG Shoppers, two firms I had never even heard of!

pulcino

Sep 08, 2012

I was scammed by "Great Fun" when I purchased an online ticket from CheapoAir.
There was a big button in the middle of my ticket reservation stating simply $20 rebate, and
when I clicked on it, a pop up appeared with just an 1-800 phone number to call, nothing else.
I thought it was from CheapoAir.
The first question I asked the person who answered my call was : how are you going to use my
information, and I was assured that the information I was asked to provide was
"just to send the rebate".

Later during that phone call, I hear the telemarketer reading very quickly the conditions,
and as soon as I heard that they wanted to enroll me in the Great Fun program, I stopped them,
clearly refusing their benefits. I was told I would not be enrolled without my consent,
but then I checked my credit card and the charge from Great Fun went through.
Since then I have been calling almost every day, trying to clear the charge and make sure I will not
be enrolled in the Great Fun "benefits", but they kept telling me they can't find me
in their database despite the fact that my credit card has already been charged!

A TOTAL SCAM!!!!

pulcino

Sep 08, 2012

I was scammed by "Great Fun" when I purchased an online ticket from CheapoAir.
I thought it was from CheapoAir.
information, and I was assured that the information I was asked to provide was
"just to send the rebate".

but then I checked my credit card and the charge from Great Fun went through.

A TOTAL SCAM!!!!

Robert W

Jul 18, 2012

I got scammed through a Fandango promotion of $1.00 for discount tickets and then this $11.99 charge shows up on my credit card

carla

Jul 18, 2012

I received a call congratulating me for winning a free $40 pre-paid card , all I had to do was pay $1 for site, and also rec'd free month on some other site. Well, I never rec'd pre-paid card,.... and was charged $40 the next month for my 2 "memberships" !! I'm pissed, I rec'd a letter requesting payment, I withdraw all my money the second it is direct deposited on my card, therefore, they can't charge me again!!

scamsniffer12

Jul 16, 2012

Great fun cannot charge credit cards that they don't have access to, or else they'd be on the news for massive fraud or millions would sue.

Just be smarter consumers, and if you don't understand what the rep is trying to sell you ask them.

Ticketmaster also isn't dumb enough to just give out people's credit card numbers. They would be sued for almost a trillion in POTENTIAL damages by doing that.

I just came from depositing my $15 check from great fun into my checking account. Now unless it bounces, this company has lived up to everything they said they would do. They sent me my check after i followed their instructions, and I WAS NEVER BILLED FOR THEIR SERVICE. I just told the rep that I wanted my rebate, wasnt interested in anything but that and he delivered.

They didnt fraud me, and I never got charged for anything. Just stop lying outright people. GREAT FUN CANNOT CHARGE YOU UNLESS YOU GIVE THEM YOUR ACCOUNT INFO. Why do you think they ASK you for a credit card? You're the *** if you gave it to them.

Showing 1-20 of 129 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about TLG Great Fun.
Filing a new complaint about
×