TLG Great Fun is a scam...how to get refund.

TLG Great fun debited my checking account $12.99 without my knowledge.Beware of this on-line scam.

I had ordered business cards from Overnight.com and had put the order on my debit card. Some promo popped up from Great Fun. I kept trying to get out of it. They said that when I clicked on it that I signed up for a membership and they took my debit card # from my order with Overnight.com.

I had no idea until it shows up on my on-line banking. To get it taken off and discontinued, call them at 1-877-488-9480. Demand a refund and a cancellation.

You have to be forceful with them.Good luck.

Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 98 Yes 98 84 No 84
Had the same issue 93 Yes 93
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

May 18 #1160935

I didn't even realize that i was getting charged on a monthly basis since July until I paid off the balance of my card. Luckily it was with Chase and right now they are going to file "fraud" and dispute every single transaction!!! Almost $200!!

Mitsuyama

May 17 #1160336 Sierra Vista, Arizona

I just called and cancelled with no additional questions, but I will watch my account to make sure they do not charge again to my cc.

intercepter60

Apr 07 #1141173 Manokotak, Alaska

I've been getting these online charges as well and don't know how or when I signed up to get these charges! I want to know how to get rid of these charges!

Mar 03 #1121794

Thanks for the advice. I did have to fight for the refund. Appreciate you sharing.

Feb 17 #1113362

So annoyed. I signed up for them to receive a credit towards my flight on Allegiant. I could cancel at any time. I called into cancel a month later and the man tried to stop me. I said no and that I wanted to cancel but he never did. I then look at my statement 8 months later and there is a charge again. I called in and was super forceful they finally gave me a cancellation confirmation and refunded my money for only 6 months. IT IS A COMPLETE SCAM. Make sure to get a cancellation confirmation number.

Jan 11 #1092814 Norwalk, Ohio

They charged me twice in one day. Both at $16.99.
I had to call, and be forceful. The lady kept telling me about my benefits with my membership and that I was not eligible for a refund. But after continuing arguing she cancelled and refunded.

Dec 22, 2015 #1082591

I just notice two charges for $16.99 for great fun and shoppers. You have to be forceful to get you name off the list. They're picking up information when you shop online. The number I used for Great Fun is 877-488-9480. They go through the scenero that they can't locate you. Just provide your name and/or email address and demand they take you off the list. I will be reporting this company to the Better Business Bureau.

Beebee

Dec 15, 2015 #1079143

Same type of thing happened to me only when I called to ask where they got my info they claimed from Priceline. Then, I called Priceline and after talking to a supervisor he said they had no affiliation with this Great Fun company that was charging me every month without me ever knowing I signed up. Long story short I had to cancel my card and have my bank help me work things out. Great Fun is very shady to say the least.

Nov 23, 2015 #1068486 Marshall, Missouri

iam sending you this email to you I recive credit card statement today in the mail I was charge $16.99 on credit card I didn't order this neither I would like something done about this thank you Shirley a. williams

Nov 19, 2015 #1066669

Simply call the number on your credit card statement. They will help you. (Or maybe I got lucky.)

Nov 17, 2015 #1065206

I did get a 16.99 charge from TGF this month and I also last month which I didn't know . I called them and they kept asking for my membership number, I yelled at them and told them I know this is a scam and I never had or want a membership. and I never want another charge from them. I won't get a refund, but they better not charge me again or I'll have to be much more forceful.

Oct 19, 2015 #1050741

I had the same issue, they said it happens when I go online and buy a Megabua ticket, so be careful after you buy a ticket via Megabus/ Worldpay. They share your info. on your card. It is a rip off and they are robbing people. I did not realize it for 4 months. They should be Stopped!
Angry Anonymous.

Not Happy

Sep 25, 2015 #1039094 Dallas, Texas

I had two charges of 16.99 on my account both from great fun and Shop ADV, they said that since I was paid up until OCT, that I could not be reimbursed for either charge, only my account cancel. Never will I ever listen to the extra little ad when calling by phone nor ordering online. It's how they get you every time!!!

1 0 Reply

Jul 24, 2015 #1011368

Just when i had cancelled my membership* they still charged my accnt $19.99 and they said they would reimburse that the next business day* it hasnt been done* what to do now???

Jul 15, 2015 #1007975

I have been unknowingly subscribed by Trilegiant.
These are the two charges without my knowledge that have been debited to my checking account with the Helm Bank USA, Miami, Florida. Please reimburse both charges and cancel any and all committments with TLG Great Fun
07/12/2015 Reference: 24692165191000724138493 TLG*GREATFN80500741JUL 800-290-8603 CT US 16.99
and
07/12/2015 Ref. 24692165191000724214252 TLG*BUYERS 80500669JUL 800-553-4948 CT US 16.99
Thank you for your prompt attention to this problem. PRISCILLA CUNNINGHAM

Jun 17, 2015 #996477 Los Angeles, California

your lucky. they got me for $16.99 5 times before i noticed the transactions. got me from airline tickets purchased from cheapo air. had to make claim through my bank. great fun rep hung up on me when i called them to complain.

Jun 04, 2015 #991667

Trying to get this stopped a second time!

Jun 02, 2015 #990614

apparently you create two different accounts with these people. One being a trial account and then a second account is created which links your email address and credit or debit card (the scam they use for people to keep on paying even if they cancel the trial account). I followed the steps provided below and when an agent answered my call I immediately asked to speak to a supervisor without having to go through the agent. Probably won't get a refund as It probably is written in their disclaimer but definitely made sure they cancel the second account and confirmed that the account will be canceled as the calls are being recorded. Make sure to take down the Supervisors name and tell them that they are confirming the cancelation and if future charges are made they will be held liable. They confirmed that no more future charges will be made.

JennieS

May 27, 2015 #988671

They charge $16.99 per month since last May-2014. I called them to cancel at 05-22.Then they charge me again 05-26 of the same money. We did called the Bark to check how much they charge me. It was $175.00. And the Bark told us they have other bill pending. If they change again. The Bark will be go something.
My husband called the supervisor, He said will give the refund after 7 days. We will see. I will keep the note in here.

1 0 Reply

May 12, 2015 #982899

These people are criminals. How the *** will they get my credit card information when I didn't give it to them? They have taken 19.99 from my credit on 5/11/2015. I will make sure they refund this money by any means.

1-20 of 161 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.